Digital Video Recorder (DVR):
- Uses analog cameras
- Easier to install
- Analog cameras cannot be more than 1000 ft away from DVR
Network Video Recorder:
- Records over the network
- Uses IP cameras (POE)
- Higher Resolution (HD video)
- Accommodates both Analog & IP cameras
HTTP (Hyper Transfer Protocol):
- HTTP is the most widely used Application layer protocol in the world today. If forms the basis of what most people understand the internet to be (World Wide Web). Its purpose is to provide a lightweight protocol for the retrieval of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) and other documents from Web sites throughout the internet. Each time a web browser is opened to surf the internet, HTTP over TCP/IP is being used.
- On a web server or Hypertext Transfer Protocol daemon, port 80 is the port that the server "listens to" or expects to receive from a web client, assuming that the default was taken when the server was configured or set up. A port can be specified in the range from 0-65536 on the NCSA serve.
RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol):
- RTSP is the control protocol for the delivery of multimedia content across IP networks. It is based typically on TCP for reliable delivery and has a very similar operation and syntax to HTTP.