How To Convert an MX-980 File Into an MX-990 File
The newer MX-990 remote will allow the use of existing MX-980 project files with only slight updating required. This will allow the use of the newer remote for upgrades or replacement situations without the need to create a new MX-990 file from scratch. This is all accomplished within the Complete Control Program (CCP) software.
This article will detail the process for converting an existing MX-980 file, into a new file when using the MX-990 remote.
- Under the file tab select new. Once the new file windows pops up select Empty (No Rooms, No Remotes).
- The System Configuration window will then open, Add the MX-990 to the project tree.
- In the Model Properties window, under Option choose Existing: then brows the computer for the MX-980 file that needs to be converted to the MX-990.
The MX-990 can accept a conversion file from an MX-980. Because of the slight differences, there are a few steps to take in order to make this happen. Below are the steps for the conversion process...
On the MX-980 you have a Listen and a Watch page. On the MX-990 you only have a Main page. After converting the file we discovered that the Listen and Watch pages are converted to Main 1 and 2. This would be fine, but you only have access to Main page 1 which is really the former Listen page. There is no way to access Main 2 which is the former Watch page.
- Cut the Main 2/Watch pages and paste them into Main 1.
- We also renamed the pages using the properties view.
After this, the customer was able to access all pages using the left and right buttons.
Note: As a good standard practice, please perform the following before departing the customer location:
- Check the IR & RF routing on the new remote under Program (tab)>RF Control. Verify all is correct compared to the original MX-780.
- Test the macro functionality of the new remote.
- Make sure no new devices have been added or changed by the customer. In particular, cable and satellite boxes tend to change over the years during which a system was first installed.
Additional Information & Resources:
Please also refer to the article for the MX-780, MX-790, MX-890 and MX-990 Can't Connect or Download - MX-780, MX-790, MX-890 and MX-990.
Please also refer to the article How To Convert an MX-780 File Into an MX-790 File
Please also refer to the article for the MX-980, MX-5000 and MX-6000 Can't Connect or Download - MX-980, MX-5000 and MX-6000