This article will cover converting an existing MX-980 file, into a new MX-990.
- Under the file tab select new. Once the new file windows pops up select Empty (No Rooms, No Remotes).
- The System Configuration window will then open, Add the MX-990 to the project tree.
- In the Model Properties window, under Option choose Existing: then brows the computer for the MX-980 file that needs to be converted to the MX-990.
The MX-990 can accept a conversion file from an MX-980. Because of the slight differences, there are a few steps to take in order to make this happen. Below are the steps for the conversion process...
On the MX-980 you have a Listen and a Watch page. On the MX-990 you only have a Main page. After converting the file we discovered that the Listen and Watch pages are converted to Main 1 and 2. This would be fine, but you only have access to Main page 1 which is really the former Listen page. There is no way to access Main 2 which is the former Watch page.
- Cut the Main 2/Watch pages and paste them into Main 1.
- We also renamed the pages using the properties view.
After this, the customer was able to access all pages using the left and right buttons.