Converting Verizon ONT coax connection (MoCa) to Ethernet (Cat6).
Note: LEAVE the OLD Coax cable plugged into the ONT and connected to the Verizon Router so customer will get Video and demand on their cable boxes (if Tivo Cable boxes are being used, the Verzion Router can be completely removed).
- Run the new Ethernet (Cat5) from ONT to NEW ROUTER
- Call Verizon Fios Tech Support at 1-888-244-4440
- Ask Verizon to change MoCa connection to Ethernet. Verizon needs to break the connection on their end. Request that the Verizon tech reboot the ONT and break the lease. If that does not work the Verizon tech must perform a "Kill & Rebuild" connection.
- Plug the Ethernet cable inot the Cat5e port into the ONT.
- Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable ino the routers WAN port.
- The router should automatically receive the TCP/IP settings from the Verizon ONT.
Note: The DNS server address will NOT update automatically. The DNS server addresses must be entered into the new router in order to get onto the internet.
Verizon DNS address #1 18.104.22.168
Verizon DNS address #2 22.214.171.124
Note: If the new router receives an IP address of 169.XXX.XXX.XXX, try rebooting it to receive a new IP address. 169.XXX.XXX.XXX is NOT a valid IP address.